Posts Tagged Journal Register Company
I learned this, of course, from my Facebook subscription to Mashable’s CEO Pete Cashmore, along with a link to ‘Your new Facebook Status update: 63,206 characters or less. “
“Oooh,” salivated another of Cashmore’s subscribers, “That’s a novel.”
As the news industry ties itself in knots trying to set its books in order, I’ve often said that we are applying a business model based on Gutenberg’s Press to the Internet.
Lately, I’ve been thinking about how Facebook makes everyone a Gutenberg. Take Cashmore’s subscriber, for example, thinking first of her soon-to-be-classic epic.
We tie ourselves in knots trying to figure how to be chatty and social, and still professional.
I wonder why we can’t treat social media as simply as that.
They were immediately attacked in the Twittersphere, particularly on this update, on how to Retweet.
- CJR 16 women whose digital startups deserve Vox-level plaudits cjr.org/realtalk/women… via @cjr 8 hours ago
- RT @StKonrath: .@JeffJarvis: One of the greatest crises facing news organizations .. is engagement medium.com/whither-news/f… 9 hours ago
- '“Market-based salaries”... new digital jobs cannot be rated on print business legacy rates of pay.' via @jsource ow.ly/vPuvW 9 hours ago
- Spring at Parliament Hill. What, that doesn't look like spring? -2C and snow? instagram.com/p/m0zgvPyWgG/ 10 hours ago
- RT @christinedobby: John Stackhouse appointed senior fellow of CD Howe Institute cdhowe.org/c-d-howe-insti… #cdnmedia 13 hours ago