Posts Tagged Journal Register Company
I learned this, of course, from my Facebook subscription to Mashable’s CEO Pete Cashmore, along with a link to ‘Your new Facebook Status update: 63,206 characters or less. “
“Oooh,” salivated another of Cashmore’s subscribers, “That’s a novel.”
As the news industry ties itself in knots trying to set its books in order, I’ve often said that we are applying a business model based on Gutenberg’s Press to the Internet.
Lately, I’ve been thinking about how Facebook makes everyone a Gutenberg. Take Cashmore’s subscriber, for example, thinking first of her soon-to-be-classic epic.
We tie ourselves in knots trying to figure how to be chatty and social, and still professional.
I wonder why we can’t treat social media as simply as that.
They were immediately attacked in the Twittersphere, particularly on this update, on how to Retweet.
- Slay the Betsy dragon: check. Scratch that off the list of this year's ski goals @ Mont Ste-Marie instagram.com/p/lSdq5NyWnI/ 7 hours ago
- RT @SimonisLauren: Thanks to @journtoolbox @CTGirlAboutTown @mel_coulson @blondemomblog for participating in our last #EdShift chat. Check … 1 day ago
- On this, the eve of international women's day, I have committed to playing my 'Chicks' playlist on repeat. 1 day ago
- Except it wasn't @jkbkzk - I blame twitter autofill and twitchy caffeinated fingers. 1 day ago
- RT @CharlatanLive: What happens if @cupe4600 and @OPSEU 404 go on strike after the deadline on Monday? @TaylorMBarrett breaks it down. | ht… 1 day ago